Stress is normal. Stress can be experienced by any people from every walks of life. Stress can either be a good thing of a bad thing. If you are feeling excited or happy, then it causes good stress. However, if you are aggravated or frustrated, or feeling burned out because of job related concerns, that kind of stress is the bad stress and may cause imbalance with our body functions.
Stress usually comes from the frustrations that we are feeling. Now, a stressed person do experience a “fight-or-flight” response. It is an automatic response of our body once we feel threatened or something that alerts our senses.
Stress can become serious to our health. Since it causes an imbalance to our homeostatic, then definitely it may cause disorders, or even weaken our immune system that may cause us to be vulnerable to diseases such as fever, infection, even frequent nausea, stomach-aches, and dizziness.
In order to fight stress and live a stress-free life, we can apply relaxation techniques, or we can seek professional help. However, there are some tips that you can do every time you feel stressed. So without further ado, here are some tips on how to live free with stress:
- Be adaptive. When there are certain changes to those that we are accustomed to, we do complain. Instead of feeling aggravated with these changes, all you need to do right now is to adapt. Besides, in this world, everything changes. From the technology that we have, to the people that we know. Nothing is permanent in this world. What really matters is how do we handle the changes that surrounds us. If you continue to fight the changes, that will cause stress in you. Resistance to change may cause stress. The best way to fight this is to accept the changes and adapt to the situation. If there are certain change with these changes, embrace the change, especially if these changes are for your own good.
- Be mindful. To check whether you are stressed or not, you also need to find out the root cause of your stress. Normally, people who are in a stressful situation tends to loathe or complain. Before anything else, find out what causes your stress.
- If possible, avoid those stressful situations or circumstances. If you are in a fight with someone, all you need to do is to avoid it, calm your nerves and when you are ready, then talk to that person. If your job is causing you too much stress, then find a new job that will make you happy. There are lots of ways where you can get out of a stressful environment and all you have to do is to explore your options and be creative.
- Be open. People seem to keep their own baggage and they don’t usually share it to people even to their spouses, closest friends, and family. These baggage can cause stress. Instead of keeping it to yourself, you have to somehow open yourself to someone who is close to you. You don’t have to talk to them if you don’t want to.
- You can just simply show your emotions with actions or outlets such as writing poems or even cooking. People who are more open has the tendency to feel free because they are free with agony or misery. If you can’t open yourself up to your friends and family, you may try to consult with a psychologist where you can open up everything. Plus, they would be able to give you professional advice on how to handle such stressful situations.
For more information on how to live a stress-free life, visit www.yourmindschool.com. The website includes a lot of self-help articles and e-books from work-related issues, health concerns, and even relationships.